The Saskatchewan Health Authority is looking for psychiatrists to join our Mental Health Team in North Battleford, Saskatchewan.
The successful candidate will be working with a multi-disciplinary team including four other psychiatrists and various other mental health professionals at the Battlefords Mental Health Centre. The incumbent will be responsible for outpatient and inpatient services, as well as emergency after-hours call coverage in a 1-in-6 rotation.
The Battlefords Mental Health Centre is a 22-bed acute inpatient unit attached to the Battlefords Union Hospital. Typically each psychiatrist will be responsible for the care of 5 or 6 in-patients, with afternoons devoted to out-patient follow-ups. Although some adolescent and elderly patients are treated on the unit, the majority of the clinical work is general adult psychiatry.
On-call duties are shared with the Psychiatrists of the Battlefords Mental Health Centre in a 1 in 6 rotation.
Recruitment and Relocation incentive of $25,000.00 available for a 3 year return for service to the Community of North Battleford.
This opportunity may be eligible to receive the Psychiatry Recruitment and Retention Incentive of up to $200,000!
* Successful candidates will hold certification or be eligible for certification in Psychiatry from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC).
* Individuals must be eligible for provisional or regular licensure from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan (CPSS).
* Coverage with the Canadian Medical Protective Association is required.
* In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
* A valid drivers license
* Legal entitlement to work in Canada
* Minimum of 3 acceptable references
* An acceptable criminal record check with vulnerable sector search
* Experience providing Generalist and/or Forensic Psychiatry services within a catchment model
* Demonstrable evidence in multidisciplinary approach of care/management
* Understanding of Saskatchewan provincial laws and regulations of commitment and release of the mentally ill under the Mental Health Services Act would be an asset
See the SMA website for potential incentives and programs where eligible:
Saskatchewan Medical Association
Relocation support, community integration and physician mentorship is available.
Please apply to this posting online with cover letter and curriculum vitae (including three references) to:
Cammie Vany, Manager, Practitioner Staff Affairs North West
Battlefords Union Hospital
1092 - 107th Street
North Battleford, SK S9A 1Z1
For more information on the province of Saskatchewan and the cities of North Battleford and Saskatoon, as well as the Town of Battleford, please check out the following sites:
City of North Battleford
Town of Battleford
University of Saskatchewan
The Town of Battleford is a small community located 'just over the bridge' from North Battleford. Travel time from Battleford to the Battlefords Union Hospital is approximately 10 minutes and only 15 minutes to the Saskatchewan Hospital.