The Saskatchewan Health Authority (SHA) - Saskatoon and the University of Saskatchewan (U of S), Department of Psychiatry, are seeking a team-oriented and professional community based Adult Psychiatrist to be part of our dynamic and expanding local Department. The position provides an opportunity to work with a broad clinical population within a continuum of services but primarily in Serious and Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI). The successful candidate will work within a developing Community Treatment Order (CTO) Clinic, a Depot Injection Clinic and a large and expanding Clozapine Clinic. Working closely with our Inpatient Hospitalist team as a receiving SPMI Psychiatrist there might be opportunity to cover shifts in our Short Stay Unit as well as occasional holiday coverage of our Full-time Hospitalist Psychiatrists at the Irene and Leslie Dubé Centre, Mental Health and Addiction Services.
Call coverage provides for a balanced lifestyle as it is shared with all other Psychiatrists in the Department and is approximately once monthly.
The Saskatoon Area with the Saskatchewan Health Authority has a Psychiatry Residency training program, which is dedicated to learning and is a partner in the growing educational needs of medical students and residents with the College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan. It should be noted that as SPMI and related clinical services is an Advanced Rotation, Senior Residents are often assigned.
Compensation details: Blended payment modality (FFS + contract); approximate annual income of $350,000 to $400,000
Benefits: responsibility of the physician
Language of Work: English
Location of practice: Saskatoon
Successful candidates will hold certification or be eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) in Psychiatry. Preference will be given to candidates with Royal College designation in Psychiatry. In addition, the successful candidate must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan (CPSS).
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required to become a member of Practitioner Staff and provide care in Saskatchewan Health Authority facilities.
Benefits are the responsibility of the successful candidate.
Members of the Saskatchewan Medical Association may be eligible for the following:
- Retention Fund - Provides financial rewards to physicians who practice in the province for extended periods of time. Depending on years of services the range is $3,500 to $7,000 per year based on full-time.
- Continuing Medical Education Fund - Assists physicians with costs up to $3,000 associated with CME courses and materials.
- Parental Leave Fund - The program provides a max of $1,300 per week for up to 20 weeks to a physician who is taking a maternity, paternity or adoption leave from clinical practice.
- CMPA Reimbursement Fund - Rebates SK physicians the fees associated with medical malpractice insurance premiums.
- Specialist Recruitment Incentive - Grant of $30,000 to eligible specialists who establish practice in SK and remain for 36 months in a SK community.
SHA supports a shared commitment to a Representative Workforce that is respectful and inclusive of all staff and clients and welcomes applications from those who will contribute to the diversity of our community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Interested candidates, please submit your curriculum vitae in confidence to:
Jennifer Grunert, Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Practitioner Staff Affairs-Saskatoon
Saskatchewan Health Authority