The Five Hills Health Region requires a consultant psychiatrist to provide specialized professional psychiatric consultation and treatment of acute and long-term mental health and addictions clients. The Region offers integrated mental health and addictions services including a transitional day program outpatient counselling and follow-up mental health and addictions care for children, youth and adults in both Moose Jaw and rural areas. Psychiatrists provide a consultation service for patients referred by family physicians and primary psychiatric care for patients who access the service.
The consultant psychiatrist provides specialized psychiatric consultation and treatment and directs the treatment of acute and long-term patients with mental illness, addictions issues and concurrent disorders (inpatients/outpatients). Services will also be provided in a primary health care setting. The psychiatrist will provide consultative services to other inpatient units within the hospital.
This opportunity may be eligible to receive the Psychiatry Recruitment and Retention Incentive of up to $200,000!
Qualifications and Skills:
In accordance with Canadian Foreign Worker requirements, preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada.
For further information please contact:
- Collegial professional support
- Teaching opportunities
- Excellent work/life professional satisfaction
- 72 beds (12 mental health beds)
- 24-hour Emergency services
- Wide range of inpatient and outpatient medical/surgical services include: General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Urology, Paediatrics, Obstetrics, Gynaecology, Laboratory and Diagnostic Imaging (MRI and CT)
- International airport within 45 minutes
Specialist, Recruitment and Retention
Saskatchewan Health Authority