Area Department Lead, Anesthesiology - North East
RHA Job Number:1
Number of Vacancies:1
Vacancy Opening For:Physician Leadership
Employer:Saskatchewan Health Authority
Hours to International Airport:1.3
Employment Term:Part Time
Posting Date:December 20, 2021
Closing Date:April 30, 2022 23:30
The Area Department Lead, Anesthesiology is a key leader in Saskatchewan health care, partnering with system leaders to achieve our province’s health care goals. Reporting to the Area Chief of Staff and supporting the work of the respective Physician Executive/Vice-President and the Provincial Head, this position works closely with the Saskatchewan Health Authority and Health System Colleagues in the development and achievement of strategy by articulating gaps and needs. The Area Department Lead supports strategy through the development and execution of operational and business plans, including cascading, monitoring, reporting, and course correction of same.
The Area Department Lead demonstrates strong leadership to enable an innovative and positive working climate and a client-centric culture. The Area Department Lead must work cross functionally within the portfolio and across the organization to support operations. The Area Department Lead will develop partnerships and work closely with system and community partners.
The primary purpose of the Area Department Lead is to provide leadership necessary to ensure the seamless integration of the quality improvement initiatives, clinical standards direction of the provincial department, academic activities and that the appropriate operational standards are incorporated into the daily work performed within the Area.
The Area Department Lead provides support to the Area Chief of Staff in matters related to credentialing, privileging and management of practitioner staff reviews according to Provincial Bylaws. The Area Department Lead provides support to the Provincial Head to fulfill the provincial mission and responsibilities of the Department as a whole.
The Area Department Lead will work in partnership with the Area Administrative Structure and in consultation with members of the department, in all matters relating to the operational plan for the delivery of high quality clinical services consistent with the strategic needs of the area, including workforce planning, development of structures in support of development of patient value streams, and in keeping with the overall strategic plan for the SHA.
With the Provincial Head and in concert with the College of Medicine, the Area Department Lead will ensure that the academic mandate of the College of Medicine for teaching and research is supported within the Area.
- Licensed medical practitioner in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan (CPSS)
- Preference will be given to candidates who hold certification or are eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
- Canadian Certified Physician Executive Credential would be an asset
- Advanced education in Health Care Administration, Public Administration and/or Leadership Studies would be an asset
- Participation in the Canadian Medical Association’s Physician Leadership Institute would be an asset
- Additional training and/or education in leadership/management would be an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience, at an operational level, as a medical leader who has worked in partnership with administrative leaders to develop innovative programs in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
- 7+ years in a leadership position with progressive advancement
- Has knowledge of and experience in guiding health quality improvement processes and initiatives
- Advanced knowledge of the Health care system in Saskatchewan and across Canada
- Knowledge of legislation and applicable laws
- Has demonstrated ability to coach and develop others
- Has demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Has demonstrated strong critical thinking, financial and analytical skills
- Exemplifies ethical practices, professionalism and personal integrity
- Promotes innovation, guides change and is committed to continuous improvement
- Has a proven ability to collaborate and partner with a wide variety of stakeholders, including community, to balance the needs and interests of these diverse groups while maintaining alignment with strategic priorities
- Demonstrates commitment to a diverse, culturally competent and culturally safe health system and representative workforce
- Demonstrates and is recognized for strategic and operational leadership that includes articulation of mission, vision and strategy and charts a path forward
- Mobilizes people, inspires and leads by example
- Is committed to delivering on patient and family centred care
- Is committed to quality, safety and continuous improvement striving towards zero harm
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required to become a member of Practitioner Staff.
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license is required as travel within the province of Saskatchewan is necessary.
To request a complete copy of the job description or to express interest, please submit your CV to: email@example.com
Ph: 306-765-6404; Fax: 306-765-6401