A Diverse and Dynamic Educational System
Our education system has a number of options to meet individual families' needs. The province has learning resources available to children in their very early years of development (Pre-Kindergarten) through to Grade 12. Student outcomes from this type of system result in a high percentage of students achieving the necessary skills and development that allow them to enter premiere post-secondary educational institutions and the work force.
Primary and Secondary Schools
The province of Saskatchewan has three publicly funded school systems: public, separate (Catholic) and francophone. All three of these systems take in children enrolled from Pre-Kindergarten (Pre-K) to Grade 12.
Educational instruction is provided to students in every corner of the province through:
- 12,772 child care spaces in in 509 licensed facilities
- 4,560 spaces in 285 Pre-K programs
- more than 900 families in Early Childhood
- English and French language instruction to 169,939 K-12 students
- 57 registered independent schools
- 1,986 home-based students
- library services to approximately 685,000 patrons
- 703 funded schools reporting to one of 28 school divisions
For more information on how to enroll your children in any one of our schools or programs please visit the Ministry of Education’s website.
Post Secondary Schools
Post secondary education is offered through a number of different universities, colleges and institutes with campuses located throughout Saskatchewan. Some of these institutes include: