Number of Vacancies:1
Vacancy Opening For:Specialist
Employer:SHA (Prairie North)
Hours to International Airport:1.0
Employment Term:Full Time
Posting Date:April 8, 2018
Closing Date:January 31, 2020 23:30
Hours of Work:0800 - 1700 hours Monday - Friday
Minimum Potential Salary:$373,560.00
Maximum Potential Salary:$393,936.00
Return for Service:3 years
Method of Payment:Contract
Saskatchewan Health Authority - North Battleford, is looking for Psychiatrists with an interest in forensic work and also, in the care and treatment of long-term rehabilitation patients.
Saskatchewan Hospital is a 156 bed tertiary care facility serving the whole of the province of Saskatchewan. The three psychiatrists on staff are responsible for the management of a population of chronic psychotic patients as well as providing the justice system with assessments of remand patients regarding their criminal responsibility and fitness to stand trial.
As a specialized rehabilitation service, the hospital admits approximately 40 patients per year from other mental health centres for a treatment program that typically lasts 18 - 24 months. Approximately 100 of the facilities' patients could be considered permanent residents. These individuals are reviewed through multidisciplinary conferencing every three to six months. There is no out-patient component to this position. On-call duties are shared with the Psychiatrists of the Battlefords Mental Health Centre in a 1 in 8 rotation. In late summer 2018, the hospital will be relocated to a newly built and expanded 188 bed facility which will eventually incorporate a further 96 beds for mentally ill offenders from Correctional Services.
* Successful candidates will hold certification or be eligible for certification in Psychiatry from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada www.royalcollege.ca
* Individuals must be eligible for provisional or regular licensure from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan (CPSS) www.cps.sk.ca
* Coverage with the Canadian Medical Protective Association is required www.cmpa-acmp.ca
* Applicants must have successfully achieved their English Language Proficiency Exam (IELTS) and the Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Exam (MCCEE) as requirements for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan (CPSS).
* In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Support with relocation, immigration and community integration is available as well as physician mentorship.
Interested Applicants may apply with CV to:
Cammie Vany, Practitioner Staff Affairs Coordinator
Battlefords Union Hospital Administration Office
1092 - 107th Street
North Battleford, SK