Effective July 23, 2018 the Physician Recruitment Agency of Saskatchewan transitioned to be a part of the Saskatchewan Health Authority.
The Mandate, mission, vision and values were ratified by the Physician Recruitment Agency of Saskatchewan Board of Directors in May 2015.
The Mandate of the Physician Recruitment Agency of Saskatchewan is to work with system partners to optimize the health workforce in Saskatchewan.
Our mission is to promote and support a collaborative environment that attracts and retains the healthcare workforce in Saskatchewan. We do this by:
- Promoting Saskatchewan as a province where you can live, work and play;
- Working with system partners to recruit a strong and balanced healthcare workforce that supports cohesive care teams;
- Serving as a point of contact for employers and recruits;
- Recruiting, screening, advising, assisting and matching potential candidates;
- Creating a more efficient recruitment environment that lessens competition among recruiting organizations;
- Collaborating with regional health authorities, communities, physicians, professional associations and Saskatchewan trained graduates to develop sustainable recruitment and retention in the province;
- Promoting and supporting effective policies; and,
- Helping Saskatchewan graduates pursue careers in the province.
We put patients first by making Saskatchewan a preferred choice for a dynamic healthcare workforce. This vision encompasses several ideals that include:
- an appropriate supply, mix and distribution of the health workforce to ensure stable, professional communities;
- sustainable recruitment and retention models that are effective, collaborative and easily accessed; and,
- Saskatchewan graduates pursue careers in the in the province.
Our primary values are: collaboration, integrity and putting patients first.
- Collaboration means engaging physicians, healthcare workers, health regions, communities and many system partners in an open and supportive environment. Collaboration also means building and maintaining relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders provincially, nationally and internationally;
- Integrity means encouraging and practicing the highest standards of professional and ethical behavior, and operating in a manner that promotes quality and safety;
- Putting patients first means measuring success by our impact on the health of Saskatchewan people.